Our purpose is to use advanced materials to make the world more sustainable and to improve the quality of life. We deliver on that purpose through the products that we make, and how we make them.
Our products help our customers to be more efficient – to use less energy in their manufacturing process or in their product, and to generate less CO2. We are working hard to decarbonise our own operations also – to produce our products more efficiently and to reduce our own CO2 emissions.
We are proud of the contribution Morgan is making to creating a more sustainable world.
In March 2021, we set stretching targets to improve our performance and become a more sustainable business. As a result, we are investing in our manufacturing processes and technology to reduce the environmental impact of our business. We are also investing in new materials and process technologies to improve the performance of our products, and to deliver greater environmental and safety benefits to our customers.
We have defined five environmental, social, and governance (ESG) improvement objectives and targets to improve our performance as a Group:
Reduce our environmental impact
1. Our aspiration is to be a CO2 net zero business by 2050. Our 2030 target is to reduce our scope 1 and scope 2 CO2 emissions by 50% (from a 2015 baseline). We will start to measure scope 3 emissions from 2023 onwards, with coverage increasing over time.
2. Our aspiration is to use water sustainably across our business. Our 2030 target is to reduce our overall water usage by 30% and reduce our water usage in high stress areas by 30% (from a 2015 baseline).
Improve our safety performance
3. Our aspiration is to create an environment and culture with zero harm to our employees. Our 2030 target is a lost time accident rate below 0.1 (lost time accidents per 100,000 hours worked).
Improve the diversity & inclusion of our business
4. Our aspiration is that our employee demographics reflect the communities that we operate in. Our 2030 target is for 40% female representation across our leadership population of our organisation.
5. Our aspiration is a welcoming and inclusive environment where our employees can grow and thrive. Our 2030 target is to attain a top quartile employee engagement score.
Download our Financial, Environmental and Social Measures Data Sheet.